Health Intelligences Influenza & Pneumococcal dashboard enables users to accurately identify their progress in delivering the influenza and Pneumococcal programmes. It details the total number of patients eligible to be offered both the Influenza (seasonal and swine flu) and/or Pneumococcal vaccination and displays the status of patients based on an analysis of the vaccination data recorded on Practice Clinical System. In addition, the Dashboard supports the generation of patient invitation letters, for those who have not been vaccinated and where no record of a contraindication is present.
Features and Benefits
- Practices can generate an accurate baseline of patients requiring vaccination and generate individual invitation letters.
- Weekly status reports are generated enabling General Practice, GP Consortia and PCT to view vaccination uptake and progress throughout the life of the vaccination campaign. This will help identify those practices that require additional support to deliver a comprehensive vaccination programme.
- Reports will also enable General Practice users to easily identify those patients within the “At Risk” groups who have not presented for vaccination and implement strategies to encourage uptake.
- The Dashboard profiles patients who are eligible to receive the influenza or pneumococcal vaccinations for those patients aged over 65 years and older and those in each special risk group.
- Contraindications are also displayed i.e. patients who have reported an adverse reaction to a previous injection. Patients who have declined the vaccination are also reported.
Our Influenza & Pneumococcal dashboard enables General Practice to:
- Review the vaccination status of patients and rapidly identify those who are due or overdue for either an Influenza or Pneumococcal vaccination
- Identify data quality weaknesses and improve the quality of data
- Support the suppression of invitations for patients who are contraindicated
- Generation of targeted invitation letters to encourage patients to attend for vaccination
- Supports accurate monthly Health Protection Agency reports
- Review a coverage and gap analysis for their practice and benchmark this against other practices.