Are you a PCT Commissioner?
Under the coaliation Government reforms to the NHS, Primary Care Trusts (PCTs) are to be abolished by March 2013. Currently many PCTs are forming 'clusters' to reduce management costs and will ultimately support the transition and subsequent management of the healthcare budget to Clinical Commissioning Groups. However, PCTs will continue to commission healthcare services until this transition has been implemented. Health Intelligence continues to assist PCTs with current priorities, such as reducing hospital admissions and make the necessary efficiency savings.
- Our Population Based Risk Stratification (PBRS) solution offers multiple ways to risk stratify your population and predict the likelihood of a person having an emergency admission or other significant event. By using data and budget information together, it is possible to engage a wider team into the referral process and identify those patients for whom preventative healthcare interventions are appropriate. Our PBRS solution allows local interventions to be modelled and set up so patients can be easily referred. Patients can also be tracked over time and their outcomes monitored.
- Our Medicines Management Service, in partnership with Ista Health, has been developed to offer a fully integrated data and clinical services solution to tackle the complexities involved with managing a prescribing budget and clinical priorities. Through our partner, Ista Health , we support a minimum recurrent saving on the medicines management budget of 7-15% for each GP Practice, the reduction and prevention of medication related morbidity, the improvement of evidence based prescribing and monitoring, and the time release of up to 45 minutes per day, per GP.
- Our NHS Health Check Programme Management module offers PCTs a fully integrated solution to support this large scale initiative. Our approach is targetted and systematic, as our solution can risk stratify and prioritise patients for a NHS Health Check, provides PCTs/GPs with a unique and simple patient management system for call/recall and provides PCTs with comprehensive reporting.
- Our Childhood Immunisations and Vaccinations module removes the labour intensive processes away from GPs and Child Health Departments of validating childhood vaccinations and provides Commissioners, Child Health Departments and General Practice with valuable tools for improving uptake rates.
- Our Hospital Invoice Validation and Referral Intelligence solutions allows PCTs to understand budgets which are critical to both financial control and healthcare planning. PCT can GP monitor referral rates and trends for acute hospital activity and to also view referrals made in primary care data alongside resulting hospital episodes for validation for individual GP Practices, Clinical Commissioning Groups or the PCT as a whole.
If you want to know more about any of these services, then please contact us.